Growth Web Engineer at SortlistSortlist approach to growth is to delight our users and make it easy for them to share the Sortlist story with others. We want to grow Sortlist by delivering on our brand promise to «Surround yourself with the best agencies» by connecting business with the best agencies, and by giving every business more reasons to talk about Sortlist.
We believe in the following principles:
- Our users tell the story better than we do.
- It’s better to have 100 people love you than 1,000 people like you.
- Authenticity always - no tricks.
Projects we work on include:
- Amplifying natural behaviors such as sharing and word of mouth between users. For example, referrals program.
- Email - we’d like to drive more engagement with the site by sending relevant, personalized emails - this involves determining what users will find engaging, and how to best deliver it.
- Ad tools - Search Engine Marketing is one of our main growth levers, and one of the key ways to expand this lever is to onboard and optimize new channels.
- Internationalization - Help Sortlist be truly international by improving our translation framework.
- Growth in Europe is one of Sortlist strategic goals this year. To that end, the Growth team focuses on:
- Site speed. We’re improving this by making everything asynchronous and being hyper-vigilant about dependencies we include.
- Help visitors discover and share Sortlist through business and social platforms. This means plugging into the social ecosystem through integrations.
- Optimize the site for first-touch visitors, especially in early growth markets.
Relevant experience might include:
- Ruby on Rails experience and/or NodeJS in production environments.
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building global websites and apps.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices.
- Experience building large-scale ad tools.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Working proficiency in English required.
It’s better to have 100 people love you than 1,000 people like you.
Sortlist.com is a tech startup based in Belgium. Through an innovative web application strongly linked to professional networks, Sortlist is reinventing the way businesses of any sizes/locations find their marketing and communication agencies.
- Join us at the start of this exciting time of growth acceleration.
- Get a taste of the development of an international startup.
- Unique successful/growing/challenging/funded/niche startup.
- Fun, casual environment.
- Flexible schedules.
- Competitive wage.