Data Scientist, Analytics
Data Scientist, Analytics at SortlistSortlist has become a global platform that connects businesses and agencies from all over the world. As such, it has collected a diverse set of numerical, textual, visual, and unstructured data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. However, information is only as valuable as it is understood by decision-makers. We are looking for talented analysts, at all levels of experience and seniority, that can work cross-functionally with the business team to translate insights to action.The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, great communication, and a keenness for problem solving. Examples of projects you would work on include, but are not limited to, creating business critical dashboards, defining key metrics, and investigating challenging questions around user behavior. You will dig deep into Sortlist’s data, help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
What are examples of work that Data Scientist do at Sortlist?
- Ownership: conceptualize, create, and maintain monitoring dashboards for tracking key metrics.
- Communication: design and draft regular reports of progress towards company goals to product groups and senior stakeholders.
- Creativity: refine and improve definition of metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve.
- Engineering: collaborate with data engineers to better log data and manage the timeliness and accessibility of data tables.
- Investigation: carry out ad hoc descriptive analysis according to product needs, whether it be potential product opportunities or for debugging.
- Empowerment: strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and generalizable by other team members in the future
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Must have:
- Professional experience in data analysis and visualization.
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata,or Matlab.
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language.
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments.
- Expertise designing and delivering presentations.
- Working proficiency in English required. Also valuable:
- Experience with a programming language
- Ability to work with dashboarding software such as Tableau, BIME or Google Analytics
- Leadership or managerial experience
Sortlist.com is a tech startup based in Belgium. Through an innovative web application strongly linked to professional networks, Sortlist is reinventing the way businesses of any sizes/locations find their marketing and communication agencies.
- Join us at the start of this exciting time of growth acceleration.
- Get a taste of the development of an international startup.
- Unique successful/growing/challenging/funded/niche startup.
- Fun, casual environment.
- Flexible schedules.
- Competitive wage.